When it comes to jewelry accessories, rings are unique. They can be fun and trendy or symbolize love and eternity between two people. Most people will own at least several different rings throughout their lifetime. Birthstone rings, school rings, wedding rings, and let us not forget that rings are great fashion accessories. Today we look at some of the best fashion rings available and talk about rings and things such as maintenance and care.
When looking at rings and things, there is no denying that the most fashionable jewelry pieces on the market right now are rings. You can wear them with dressy and casual outfits. We look at some of the most popular fashion rings that are available:
- Dome – These dome rings will pop right on your finger. Any outfit that you wear them with is given a bit of an additional funky style. These rings also borrow from the cocktail rings that were popular in the 1950s and 1960s; this gives them a great vintage vibe.
- Cubic zirconia cocktail – Now that we are on the subject of cocktails and rings and things, these rings will offer a great option for any wardrobe. A cubic zirconia is beautiful to look at and remains affordable on just about any budget. You can afford to go a little bigger if you opt to buy a cubic zirconia.
- Vintage – You can bring the past back to life in new and interesting ways with these vintage-style rings. Rings with unusual settings and bands with scrolling ornamentation will work perfectly with what you have in the way of an eclectic wardrobe.
- Animal – Jewelry crafted as animals are trendy. Snake, pig, and owl rings all provide any outfit that you wear with a natural yet wild vibe. Many of these animal fashion rings have gold wings or gemstone eyes for added luxury and sparkle.
- Stackable – You can mix and match your style with stackable rings. This ensures that you have a different look every time you put the ring on. Stackable ring sets that contain white gold, rose, and yellow are going to match with just about anything.
- Stainless steel band – By choosing a sleek stainless steel ring, you can add minimal design to your outfit. Even though other industrial metals are popular, both titanium and tungsten can be expensive. You can get the same look and durability for much less money with stainless steel.
- Rope – Who said that rings and things always have to be made exclusively from metal? You can add texture to any outfit by using fashion rings with rope details. Stainless steel rings combined with rope accents and sterling silver rope bands are both modern and versatile
- Elaborate gold – Gold is absolutely making a fashionable comeback (has it ever really been gone?). Especially gold-plated rings are a great purchase because they give you the durability and shine of gold, but without the high price tag. Look for tribal-inspired rings and gold filigree cocktail rings.
- Black – You can match black jewelry with anything. Choose between black-plated stainless steel rings, rings with black onyx gemstones, and black diamond rings, and you will have rings that go with anything that you may ever put on.
- Stretch – These rings are popular because they will fit everyone. You do not have to wear it on the same finger every single time or even choose a size! Many of these come with beaded elastic bands that make them look just like solid metal pieces.
Caring for your rings
If you have a well-made ring, it can last you for decades, sometimes even last from generation to generation. All you need is some preventive maintenance and gentle care:
Cleaning your rings and things
- Put on your rings after applying cosmetics and lotions – this will avoid staining them.
- Rinse your rings with fresh water. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to pat them dry.
- Gently clean the settings with a soft brush; you could use a toothbrush if you have nothing else available.
- Soak metal bands and rings with gemstones and/or diamonds for a few minutes in a mild cleaning solution of water and a few drops of dish soap.
- Keep them in a jewelry box or in a pouch.
- If you have rings with prongs or stones, it can scratch your other jewelry quite easily. Especially pearls are easily damaged
- Even if they look fine, it is a good idea to have a professional jeweler look at the settings of your ring once every year. Proper maintenance is going to reduce the overall wear and tear drastically.